O is for Obligations

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

"Jessica, you said that you would help me with my project today!" My little brother, Tommy, whined. His arms were flailing around and the little sucker looked like he was about to cry. 

"But I also promised Jon that I would see a movie with him, so I can't." I tapped my feet, growing rather impatient. 

"Why do you always have to choose him over me? You promised me first, you just forget. What a great big sister you are." A waterfall poured down his face, and he ran into his room, slamming the door. "I hate you!" 

"Oh, Tommy." I muttered under my breath. I probably should have been sympathetic, but I used it as an opportunity to finally leave. 

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and picked up. "Hello?" 

It was my boss, Steve. "Jessica, where are you? I told you three weeks ago--we have a meeting today with the other staff. If you don't get over here in the next fifteen minutes, you're fired." 

I gulped. "I'll be there, just give me a minute." 

~Mikaela

2 comments:

  1. Emily Genther said...:

    Sounds like a busy lady haha :)

Post a Comment