B is for Beauty

Tuesday, April 2, 2013


What exactly is beauty?

Our culture throws so many definitions at us of what is and isn't beautiful, and it can be very confusing. Up until a year or so ago, I considered myself unlovable because I wasn't the world's definition of beautiful--skinny. 

I have since discovered how amazing it feels to actually take care of myself. But, more than that, I learned that I am loved, so much. I pictured myself getting fit and showered with affection.

After I lost some weight, I noticed something. Sure, maybe guys gave me more attention than usual, but that wasn't beauty, it was lust. My friends and family still treat me the same way. 

So yeah, physical fitness is important. It allows you do do more with your life. But it's not beauty. Beauty is true, unconditional, agape love. 

~Mikaela

2 comments:

  1. Well said and glad you are on your way to enjoy your beautiful life more.

Post a Comment