N is for Never

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I looked deeply into Charlie's eyes, tears blurring my vision. I wanted him to know that this didn't matter, that we could get through it. Sure, someone may have been pursuing him. But I was ready for that; I would stay with him through the end.

"I thought you said you would never stop fighting for us," I whispered, my voice thick from sobbing.

He placed his hand on his car. "This is me keeping that promise, Quin. I can't let them come after you, your family." He placed his hands on my face, giving me one last kiss.

"This is me keeping you safe. Please, just let me do that."

~Mikaela

3 comments:

  1. Emily Genther said...:

    Stopping by for AtoZ. Very interesting scene.

  1. Nancy Thompson said...:

    I like it! Did you write it just for the Challenge or did you pull it from something else you wrote? Nicely done!

    New follower (obviously) from the A to Z. :) Not sure I've ever been anyone's first before.

  1. MickeyBurns said...:

    Thank you! I wrote it specifically for A-Z:)

Post a Comment